Does your career NEED A CHANGE OF direction?
Few careers are linear, and very few people are totally sure – all the time – of the direction they want to go in. In fact many people are developing “portfolio careers”.
Maybe you are just finishing education, or you are wishing to return to employment after freelancing, parenting, or ill health. Sometimes your career is steered onto a new path by redundancy. You may in fact feel that you want and need a career change but how sure where or how you get there.
Whatever the reason, a crossroads needn’t be a crisis. In fact, it can be a positive development. We spend a third of our time at work, so it’s important to make sure you are in a meaningful and enjoyable role.
Drawing on my long experience in recruiting for some of the world’s biggest brands, I can help you best prepare yourself at any junction in your career journey, with:
- Advice about skills development and coaching
- Making applications
- Creating or evolving your CV to perfectly reflect you, your skills and experience
- Understanding the jobs market, your value in it, and the opportunities that are available to you
- Your social media presence and personal branding
- Interview skills – so that you can be confident in interview both on the phone and face to face
- Gaining feedback and making the most of this to inform future career choices
- Nailing the role – making sure you get that dream job
- When you do secure that job, negotiating the job offer.
“She helped me make the right choices when navigating the ever-changing job market. Three, well-timed, affordable sessions were the best investment I made in me.”
Jill Ford, Chief Human Resources Officer at HCA Healthcare